My original top 10 tips to help keep you motivated this January.Jan 12, 2023
Are you like me, done with darkness, long nights and are needing to dig a little deeper to remain motivated and energised right now?
If so, you are definitely not alone. So many of us are feeling the effects of the post Christmas slump, myself included.
So what can we do about it? How can we boost our motivation and our mood?
Here are 10 energy raising tips that I am using right now to keep myself motivated, despite the awful weather and the darkness.
- Make sure to expose yourself to first morning light without sunglasses (as if we need them!!) for 15/20 minutes first thing. This helps create better sleep, believe it or not.
- Breathe slowly and deeply and smile when outside (rain or shine) This revitalises your energy.
- Reduce or eliminate your sugar intake to optimise performance. Sugar makes us feel tired and lethargic.
- Stop eating before 8pm and fast then until the morning. This helps with increasing your energy and prevents weight gain.
- Take up a new hobby or learn a new skill. Beginning something new helps to optimise brain function and brings a sense of achievement.
- Plan your next holiday. Setting new and exciting plans raises our mood and gives us something to look forward to.
- Set daily and weekly goals. Having a challenge helps us to focus more on the present and keeps us on track.
- Set up a buddy system to keep you accountable for exercise. Engaging with another person increases motivation and magnifies your performance.
- Before you settle down for the evening put on some loud music and dance for 5 or 10 minutes. You feel so good after it!
- Remind yourself that the daylight is increasing by 2 minutes and 8 seconds everyday from now on!
I hope these 10 motivational tips help you right now and give you a sense of taking charge of your life as you wait for the Winter to transition into Spring.
You've got this!
If you have a goal to become the best version of yourself this Spring, be sure to book your free personal discovery call to learn how I work my magic to transform self-doubt and procrastination into full confidence. You can do this by clicking the link below.
I'm super excited to hear from you!
Imagine how amazing you would feel if you could get immediate help with your confidence and self esteem issues. Your transformation is important. Don't keep on keeping on, make sure to schedule your free personal insight call with me today and learn how you can achieve lasting results with your specific issues by joining me in one of my unique 1:1 programs.
Get your free 10 minute Silence Your Inner Critic transforming audio
when you join my mailing list
(I promise never to spam you)