12 Surprising Facts about the Science of HypnosisAug 29, 2022
Thanks to the ideas perpetuated by stage hypnosis and stereotypical TV programs, hypnotherapy remains one of the most fascinating and the most misunderstood therapies.
Here are some surprising facts about hypnosis that will help to bridge that information gap and possibly help you to consider checking out this amazingly effective therapy that is successfully able to treat a wide array of mental health and physical conditions.
- Hypnosis is an accepted form of medical treatment and has been since the 1950s. More and more people are turning to hypnotherapy to find more natural ways to get help with phobias, addictions, mental health issues, pain relief and negative behavioural patterns.
- Hypnotherapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions. Common reasons clients seek out a hypnotherapist are depression, anxiety, phobias, confidence and self-esteem issues, prolonged grief, procrastination, public speaking, addictions, trauma, pain relief, sexual problems, negative memories, insomnia, and the list gores on.
- Hypnosis does not put you to sleep or render you unconscious in any fashion. It is proven that client remains fully awake and fully aware during hypnosis treatment.
- Hypnosis does not remove control from the client. The client remains fully in control and can simply come out of hypnosis in a second by opening their eyes.
- We naturally go into hypnosis a few times each day ourselves. Many people have the experience of driving home and having no recall of the journey or becoming so immersed in a TV program that all concept of time is lost. That's being in hypnosis.
- Hypnotherapy does not bring about memory loss. The client remains fully awake and aware. Hypnotherapy is all about suggestibility and if the client specifically requests to remove old distressing memories this can be achieved through the power of suggestion but equally those memories can easily be restored by altering the suggestion.
- Hypnotherapy accesses the feeling part of the mind and allows the analytical, critical thinking mind to drift off. In this state the mind is more open to new suggestions and the goal of hypnotherapy is to install better more positive suggestions to bring about positive changes to our mental, emotional or physical health.
- It's not possible to become stuck in hypnosis. Clients can simply end the trance by opening their eyes.
- Being in hypnosis feels different to different people. Common experiences are that being in hypnosis feels very relaxing or comfortably floaty.
- The depth of the trance does not affect the quality of results. The deepest of trance and the lightest of trance still get results.
- Hypnosis has been successfully used for anaesthesia both in humans and in animals. Hypnotherapy is an accepted form of pain therapy for clients with chronic pain and it has been used successfully in invasive medical procedures.
- All hypnosis is self-hypnosis. Hypnosis does not always require a therapist. If you are willing, you can bring yourself into a trance and begin giving yourself healthier suggestions every single day yourself. Check out my upcoming masterclass here if you wish to learn this very amazing skill.
By now some of the common misconceptions you have held about hypnosis may have been busted and now you may even be curious to know more about how hypnosis can help you specifically.
Why not book your free personal insight call with me right now?
For the last seven years, I have worked solely with this incredibly effective form of therapy and I'm proud to have helped 100s of clients begin living more joyous and successful lives.
Book your personal insight call today and come and have a friendly chat with me and let me hear what issue it is you need help with. I'm here to make sure you get your life on track.
Imagine how amazing you would feel if you could get immediate help with your confidence and self esteem issues. Your transformation is important. Don't keep on keeping on, make sure to schedule your free personal insight call with me today and learn how you can achieve lasting results with your specific issues by joining me in one of my unique 1:1 programs.
Get your free 10 minute Silence Your Inner Critic transforming audio
when you join my mailing list
(I promise never to spam you)